Steps to find out which formatting is the correct formatting to use for your course:
- Consult your course syllabus
- Consult your assignment / rubric
- Consult these links for standard APA 7th Edition formatting guides
- Ask your instructor
In general, start each section on a new page. However, the order of pages is flexible in the following cases:
- tables and figures: Embed tables and figures within the text after they are first mentioned (or “called out”), or place each table and then each figure on separate pages after the references. If an embedded table or figure appears on the same page as text, place it at either the top or the bottom of the page, and insert a blank double-spaced line to separate the table or figure from the adjacent text.
- footnotes: Use the footnotes function of your word-processing program to insert a footnote at the bottom of the page of text on which the footnote appears, or list footnotes together on a separate page after the references.;
Papers such as dissertations and theses may require additional elements not listed here. Follow the institutional or departmental guidelines of your university to order the pages of a dissertation or thesis.
American Psychological Association (2020). Order of Pages https://apastyle.apa.org/style-grammar-guidelines/paper-format/order-pages