The University Libraries advances the mission of Southwest Baptist University by building collaborative relationships; nurturing scholarship; providing information access and instruction; encouraging curiosity, exploration, discovery, and knowledge creation; and supporting learning in and beyond the university.
We bring the library to you. The University Libraries integrates dynamic, user-centered services with the teaching, learning, and researching needs of the University community.
The University Libraries…
- embraces the University’s Christ-centered mission by serving the needs of its constituents and promoting spiritual growth;
- initiates and nurtures collaborative relationships with its constituents;
- regards academic excellence as the standard in its instruction, information access, knowledge creation, and operational practices;
- promotes lifelong learning: educating users on the successful retrieval and ethical use of information; and cultivating critical thinking skills through information literacy instruction;
- supports scholarly endeavors through the acquisition of information resources and innovative technologies;
- builds physical and virtual infrastructures, organizing information into accessible, user-friendly collections;
- acts with integrity and financial responsibility, modeling academic honesty and intellectual freedom; and
- delivers a user-friendly, welcoming library experience by providing convenient, reliable, and proactive services in a positive learning environment.