There are several methods for locating commentaries in e-book format; however, this method provides a comprehensive list of commentaries available in the various e-book systems to which the University Libraries subscribes.
- Open a new browser tab or window (your preference). This will enable the ability to keep these instructions active in a separate tab or window.
- Go back to the University Libraries' homepage (library.sbuniv.edu).
Advanced Search Page of the Library's Catalog
- Select the Catalog tab on the main search box.
- Click on the Advanced Search button on the Main Search Box.
The Advanced Search page of the University Libraries' online catalog is opened.
Finding Commentaries on Advanced Search
- Enter Search Terms Box
- In the first search box, change "Any Field:" to "SUBJECT:" search.
- Enter "Commentaries" in the search box.
- If you want to search for a particular book of the Bible:
- In the second search box, change "Any Field:" to "SUBJECT:" search.
- Enter the name of the book of the Bible in the search box.
- Other Format Box
- Scroll down and select "E-BOOK".
- Hit the Submit button
- The results page gives a list of the commentaries available online. If a particular book of the Bible was entered (as in this example), results are limit to commentaries on that book.
- Beside the KEYWORDS label is the number of results available. In this case, there are 69 commentaries currently available on Matthew.
- Clicking on the Title will open the catalog record for that commentary.
Opening the Commentary
- The link to access the commentary is in the center of the record.
- Click on the "SBU: E-book, click to connect" link.
- At this point, the e-book record in the e-book system will open. Each system provides a link to the commentary in a different way. Look for the full-text access link and click on it. Clicking on that link will open the commentary.